#1 - Quicksilver: Application Quicklauncher

| Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , | |

#1 On my list of "Top 10 Mac Applications" is Quicksilver.

quicksilver_logo.png

Finally we have Quicksilver. I put it as #1 on the list... not necessarily because I ranked everything from best to worst... but this is definitely my favorite.

I call Quicksilver a application quick launcher... but it's soo much more!

I'll try describing it to you but I'll most likely fail so excuse me if that happens. The best way to understand it is download it and try it yourself.

Quicksilver allows you to do tasks like open applications, manipulate files, run scripts send e-mails and more... only using your keyboard.4_quicksilver001.jpg

This application will make everything you do go 10 times faster... literally.

Say you want to open an application... say iTunes.

Now I could go to the application folder and do this but that takes a lot more time then using Quicksilver. I would open it by:

  1. Opening quicksilver using my chosen "trigger" (a combination of keys you press to start Quicksilver. I use Option + Space.)
  2. Type "i" (Quicksilver indexes everything on your computer, typing "i" makes it search for things with/relating to "i")
  3. If you use iTunes all the time, Quicksilver will figure this out and iTunes will be at the top of the list for things to open.
  4. Hit enter and iTunes opens.

This takes all of 2 seconds.

Quicksilver doesn't only let you open apps, you can open bookmarks with it, find and open files and so much more.

Check it out because me explaining it will take up too much space.

Quicksilver Website: http://docs.blacktree.com/quicksilver/what_is_quicksilver

You can download and find out more about it there.

Enjoy!


1 comments:

  1. FastMail App Support & Help says:

    Equipped with various features, FastMail's web interface is very fast and more responsive as compared to others. The best feature of FastMail is that it doesn't do crap like scanning emails for advertisement. Due to technical glitches, FastMail fails to face all the challenges. In order to remove all tech problems, it is good to connect our experts and professionals at FastMail Contact Number.